This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- Thanksgiving will already be over a week from today! How nuts is that? I’m excited!
- I am so out of ideas for what to get my 8-year-old nephew for Christmas. And really my 18 month old niece too. She has a room full of toys, but she loves playing with plastic kitchen bowls and tupperware instead. I feel like I rarely see her playing with actual “toys.”
- I put a new logo up on the blog this week. Let me know if you like it! Much better than the old text-based one I created in Photoshop in two seconds.
- I seemed to have missed a critical window of time in cleaning up our back patio. I never want to do it too early, while the weather is still nice. But, the weather got so cold so fast, now I don’t want to go out there to do things like empty the potted plants and put the patio furniture covers on. I see that it should be in the mid–60’s on Monday, so maybe I’ll do it then!
- Do you shop on Black Friday? I’ve never shopped Black Friday sales. I’m too lazy to wake up at 4AM, and by the time I get to the store, they’re out of the inventory anyway. So if I do happen to shop on Black Friday, it’s usually just to like leisurely walk around the mall.
- Ken and I have both been having fun playing with our new iPhones this week (I got an iPhone 6, he got a 6 Plus). We’re so easily amused.
- We had some work done by a handyman on Wednesday. He REEKED of cigarettes. I mean, I couldn’t even stand within 10 feet of him. By the time he was done with the work, our house stunk like an ashtray. How is it that smokers never realize they smell?
- We’re going to see the Hunger Games movie tonight! I’m typically WAY behind of book series trends (I literally just read the Twilight series in 2012, and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series in 2011-ish. I didn’t start reading Harry Potter until the 5th book came out). But for some reason, I was way ahead of the curve with the Hunger Games. I read those pretty early on. I love seeing the movie adaptations. I’m trying to predict where this “Part 1” of Mockingjay will end. Perhaps the scene at Snow’s’ mansion? (Leaving it vague here so not to spoil things for folks who haven’t read the books!)
That’s it! Have a great weekend! Safe travels for those of you heading out early for Thanksgiving!