This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- This was a bit of a rough week. My 75-year-old dad is back in the hospital for a fourth time this year. He has another serious infection, which we’re hoping gets resolved soon. He has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and the medications he has to take to treat it make him extremely susceptible to infections. Since April, he’s been in the hospital more than he’s been at home. But his positive and upbeat attitude always amazes me.
- On a different type of bummer note, Ken and I decided to cancel our vacation to the Canadian Rockies next week for Ken’s 40th birthday. The wildfires were making that area pretty smoky and hazy, and we wanted to make sure we could take in the full beauty of the area during a trip there. We hope everyone stays safe in those wildfires, they look vicious.
- I got a new Apple laptop, and MacBook Pro. I’ve had my old laptop since 2011, so it was definitely time for an upgrade. I can’t believe how slim and fast it is!
- And, i’m due for a new iPhone. My 3-year-old iPhone 6 is really sluggish, so I’m ready for an upgrade. I haven’t even really looked at the differences between the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X. Something tells me that since I just shelled out the dough for a new laptop, I should probably stick with the cheaper phone!
- I had an unexpected trip to the dentist last Friday. A tooth on the top right was very suddenly extremely sensitive to hot and cold. It was like a minor jolt that would travel up my face. The pain wasn’t severe by any stretch, but I was worried that it might get worse over the weekend, so I decided to go to the dentist last Friday since they were able to get me in for an appointment. The diagnosis was a bit ambiguous, but they were able to rule out anything serious like an abscess (or anything root-canal worthy!). They think it’s the beginning of a cavity in between two teeth that are very close together, but it’s not showing up on the x-rays. They put a coating of “fluoride varnish” on it to help with the sensitivity, because they said it wasn’t ready for a filling yet, and just said to call if it got worse. Luckily I think it’s getting better. Or at the very least, it’s not getting any worse!
- For those of you from the Pittsburgh area, I found this story both fascinating and funny! The mystery of the lone basement potty!