This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- We went camping last weekend at Gifford Pinchot State Park in Pennsylvania (just south of Harrisburg). It was a relatively short drive from the DC area (except for all the Friday rush hour traffic we hit), and we had a gorgeous lakefront campsite! So relaxing and just nice to be outdoors! We stay indoors much too often.
- As soon as I get back from a trip, I always start planning another trip. I can’t help myself, it’s a compulsion. I was thinking about another beach camping trip next year, like our trip to Assateague last April. But I was thinking that May might be a better month since it would be warmer. Our beach camping at Assateague got pretty chilly at times!
- I keep tinkering with different methods of organizing camping supplies, but haven’t found the right technique yet. How do you organize your supplies?
- Can you believe that the holidays are right around the corner? We stopped by the Lego store at Potomac Mills Mall earlier this week and I was already eyeing up some Lego sets for my niece and nephew! And maybe even a Duplo set for my 2-year-old niece. I’m worried about keeping my 2-year-old niece occupied when my family comes to visit for a few days around Thanksgiving, and I figure that Legos could keep her occupied for a few minutes? One minute?
- Speaking of Thanksgiving, it feels like the holidays are right around the corner! Ken and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year again (like we did two years ago), and I’m already planning menus!
- My sister and her family spent last weekend at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio, TX. That’s the second year in a row they’ve gone, and they all really love it. There’s apparently a lot to do right on the property. I might need to go visit that sometime soon!
- Did you see this article about Koko the Gorilla and her new kittens? Adorable overload! Be sure to watch the YouTube video at the bottom of the article.
- I laughed at so many of the topics in this article, 14 Things Every Pittsburgh Kid Remembers From Their Childhood. Especially thinking Jagoff was a bad word, and the local Chevrolet commercial! Classic!
- I keep trudging through the 4th season of Prison Break, very, very slowly. That show really jumped the shark after the second season. I thought the season premiere of The Walking Dead last week was really intense. Yikes!
Have a great weekend!