This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- Neither one of us drinks coffee. I often wonder how unusual that is, to have two non-coffee drinking people in the same household. My mom always drank tea, but my dad has always been a black coffee drinker. Every few months I try to convince myself that I should like coffee, because it just seems so darn “trendy” or something. I drink it, can’t finish it because it tastes so terrible, and then I forget about coffee for another few months. Ken is at least smart enough to remember he doesn’t like it!
- I mentioned last week that our mattress was in terrible shape. Well, after a few additional mornings of waking up with a sore back, we bought a memory foam mattress from Ikea. We like it so far, but man did it stink for the first few days. We read that was normal for new foam mattresses, but yeesh, yuck!
- Last August, I started teleworking two days a week. My company has a flexible telework policy, and I figured it was time to take advantage of it! This week, I had to come in to the office every day due to a work-related commitment each afternoon. Let me tell you, I don’t even think I ever fully appreciated my telework agreement until this week! It was brutal coming in to the office every day. My week just dragged on and on. I now have an even greater appreciation of teleworking.
- Do you ever have dreams that you’re back at school, whether college or high school, and you forgot to do some big assignment? Ken has these dreams several times a week. Me? Never. But dreams that I’m at the airport and forgot to pack something dreadfully important, or even make reservation? Those are my recurring dream
- We’ve started to plan a fall trip to the Florida Keys. We’ll do at least two (maybe three) nights in Key West, and two nights in some other Key, like Key Largo or Islamorada. I have the Key West hotel picked out, but I can’t decide on the Key Largo or Islamorada hotel. Any recommendations?
- A friend of ours came over last weekend. She has two young children and said how she’s been minimizing stress by outsourcing a lot of things she doesn’t enjoy doing. She hired a housekeeper (which we already do too), and grocery shops through some sort of meal planning service. But, the one thing that really intrigued me was that she has a personal stylist do her shopping for her once a season. I’m a terrible clothes shopper. I know nothing about fashion. I literally have the same style t-shirt in a dozen colors that I wear in the summer. Same thing for sweaters in the winter. I asked for the stylist’s information. I won’t be doing it any time soon, but perhaps in the future.
What are your random thoughts this week?