This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- Can you believe that Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away? How the heck did that happen?! My goodness how time flies.
- Are there any folks out there that have never had a pet before? Unless you count the betta fish I purchased when I was 27 years old, I’ve never had a pet. No cats, no dogs, no hamsters, no lizards. Nothing, nada. I wanted pets as a kid, but was never allowed. As an adult, I’ve always been tempted to get a pet, and then I go to a friend’s or family member’s home and see a scratched up expensive chair or a destroyed pair of shoes, and that changes my mind pretty quickly. So, imagine my surprise when my 43 year old sister (who also never had a pet) decided to get a cat for her son who had been begging for a pet. That was quite the shock! I’ll be curious to see how she transitions to being a pet owner.
- Did you get many trick-or-treaters last week? We had about 75, which has been the norm the past few years. Halloween got Ken and I on the topic of candy reject piles. Did you used to sort and count your candies when you were a kid? Did you have a reject pile? If so, what went in it? Tootsie Rolls, Almond Joys, and Nerds always went in my reject pile!
- Ken and I booked an Alaska cruise for this summer! If you have any recommendations for shore excursions, I’d love to hear them! They all sound so good, I can’t make up my mind! The cruise leaves out of Seattle, and I booked two business class seats from JFK-Vancouver on Cathay Pacific for 25,000 Avios points each. That is a great deal, and I am SO excited to try out Cathay Pacific! We’ll leave for the west coast a few days early and make our way from Vancouver to Seattle.
- I ordered an iPhone 6 last month (on the 12th), and it still hasn’t shipped yet. It said it would ship in 14-21 days. Womp womp.
That’s it for this week! Any plans for the weekend?