This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
- Ken and I arrived back in town late Friday night after a six day trip to the Florida Keys! It was so amazing. We spent two nights in Key Largo, three nights in Key West, and one night in Miami Beach. I’ll get started writing up the trip report as soon as possible, so start looking for those posts starting probably after Thanksgiving. It was brutal coming back to 36 degree weather here in the DC area.
- Last year was the first year I hosted Thanksgiving. Since Ken and I alternate Thanksgivings with my family and his family, this year we’re going to Pittsburgh to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. We usually go to one of my mom’s cousin’s house, which makes the entire holiday pretty relaxing and low key.
- Now that we’re back from the Keys, I’m in full-on planning mode for our Alaska cruise in the summer (which I’ve mentioned briefly here and here). I don’t feel normal if I’m not in the process of planning some sort of trip, whether big or small.
- We ate so, so well in Florida. I only had one bad meal, and that was at a very touristy place in South Beach in Miami. So, it wasn’t terribly unexpected. But we need to go back into eating less mode so we don’t undo all our hard work of the past few months.
- Back in early October, I ordered a new iPhone 6. We finally received shipping notification … the day after we left for Florida. Luckily a kind neighbor picked up the package from our front door. (On a related note, since when are iPhones not signature required?) I’ve been playing with my new phone, and have set up Apple Pay! Ken finally managed to snag an iPhone 6 Plus from a local Apple store yesterday too, so we’ve both been buried in our phones the past 24 hours.
- We’re hosting a get-together next week with some friends. I’m cooking up some of our favorite steakhouse meals, like steaks (obviously), mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and garlic lemon butter shrimp. I love themed entertaining menus.
That’s about it! Here’s a shot of one of the beautiful sunsets we saw in Key West.