This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my advertiser disclosure for more details.
Welcome to this monthly feature where I link to blog highlights from previous years!
- I covered tips for passing time on a long flight, including the method I use.
- Ah yes. That time our mortgage payment doubled on our rental property. (Well technically it was our escrow payment, but you get the idea). It was the mortgage company’s fault and we didn’t actually owe that money!
- I was covering posts from our Northern California trip, and posted about our time in Big Sur and Carmel, as well as a review of our hotel at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands Big Sur.
- I shared my “super secret” tip for cheap transportation to the airport.
- In anticipation of the 2018 Winter Olympics, I shared my tips for attending a Winter Olympics.
- Why I don’t care about my credit card interest rate.
- Nearly a month late, I shared our experience watching the 2017 Solar Eclipse!
- I was in the midst of reviewing our 2016 trip to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, covering a very busy “Day 2” worth of events!
- I reviewed the Angler’s Hotel Miami, a truly amazing Kimpton property in Miami Beach!
- I covered the hikes we took and trails we used at Assateague National Seashore during a spring camping trip there!
- I continued with parts of my Russia 2014 Trip Report, including Moscow Part 1 (including Ken’s famous head smack on the low ceilings of the pedestrian underground) and Moscow Part 2
- I started a beginner’s guide to free travel by using points and miles
- I covered Part 1 of what is one of the most popular posts here on SuperNoVAwife, our DIY DVD Shelves
- In the Blast from the Past section, I posted about two stops of our 2008 Road Trip – Memphis and San Antonio.
- I started this blog! My very first post was about my new obsession: Compulsive Vacation Planning.
- Ken wanted to go camping. Like in the woods. I discussed some of my preconceived notions of the camping, and how I came to agree to the idea of trying tent camping. (We did go camping the next month, and I thought it was lots of fun!)
- I lamented the months-long problem I was having trying to secure accommodations in Sochi during the (then) upcoming Winter Olympics. (We later did secure accommodations, and man did we have a doozy of a story to tell about our actual Sochi accommodations shortly after our arrival there.)
- September and fall weather always make us think about the upcoming holidays, and we decided last September that we would host Thanksgiving Dinner for the first time ever. I was so excited that I started planning for it like two months in advance!